Tuesday 19 January 2055

Soundbelch - effect pedals, guitars, amps, and sounds I like.

Everyone knows what boutique pedals played by people with talent through amps which cost loads of money sound like. PGS Andy, Mike Hermans, Brett Kingsman, Pete Thorn, the stoner from Gearwire... 

Then there's me. 

Every demo is the same. An Epiphone Dot loaded with a Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday bridge pickup is plugged into a pedal via Planet Waves cables. That pedal is connected to a recording PC via the DI input of an SPL Crimson audio interface going into Reaper. No other plugins or pedals are used. I then play whatever random shit comes into my head and you get to hear the pedal as it is, uncoloured by amps, microphones, or salty talent explosions. 

For the anal, I use Jim Dunlop USA Nylon .50 or .60mm picks, Rotosound 10 strings, and change my strings about once a year because I hate new strings. 

I'll also talk about amps, guitars, and sounds in general. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Im really struggling to Hget the web pages for the Yamaha SPX90 IR library by Surefyre (from your MBV plugin video and blog)or find anyway of contacting them/him.... do you think you could help. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, the easiest thing for me is to get you to email me. Try this address:

    thesilentdawn at hotmail dot com

    Let me know when you've sent it and I'll keep an eye on the junk mail folder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya,

    Thanks for reply, i've tried to email - it keeps saying undeliverable.

    do you want to try and email me

    trash116 at hotmail dot com

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Didn't get the email but I have sent one to yoru email address. The Surefyre website is back up so all looks good on that front. Sent you a few other links to some free Alesis Midiverb II impulses as well.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete